Tuesday, December 9, 2008

1500 points

1500 points- Heavy on the troop choices.

Strategy: Put my Blood Claws and Wolf Lord into the Land Raider, Send them down the middle. The troops will behave differently depending on the mission and the opponent.

Rune Priest (Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol)

Venerable Dreadnaught (twin las/ heavy flamer)

9 Blood Claws (Flamer, 2 Power Weapons)

10 Grey Hunters (Bolters, 2 Power Fists)
Rhino (Smoke, Extra Armor)

10 Grey Hunters (Bolters, 2 Power Fists)
Rhino (Smoke, Extra Armor)

10 Grey Hunters (Bolters, 2 Power Fists)
Rhino (Smoke, Extra Armor)

Land Raider

3 comments:

  1. Just one LR, wouldn't they do better in terms of survivability if there were a pair of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good overall list. I gotta agree with Ron though at 1500 points theres gonna be some anti tank on the field. That LR is begging to be popped. Even at arm14 sitting in the fire alley (middle) shes a target even more. I'd flank her or maybe drop her and bring some rhinos for the troops/cover. Just my 2cents though. Also are you using the LR to carry anyone or just as a mobile gun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both make a strong point about the survivability concerns. Last weekend (the battle summary) tau not only popped it but the unit inside was stunned and had 2 standing when I finally got control of them again. Matt, I like to put my HQ and Bloodclaws inside of it. I ran it around left flank last week. 2 LRs just seems like too much tank and not enough troop for me at 1500 because I'd have to drop an entire troop choice to pay for it. I think it would be more like me to take 2 drop pods instead of the land raider and buy another unit of Bloodclaws with the points I save : ) My hopes with the Land Raider is that it will survive one or two rounds of fire while my Rhinos move up.

    ReplyDelete